Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 30, 2011

.

 This is a post for starters.Just for the kids that are just starting or parents that want to get there kid some skating gear.Some of my favorite brands are Neff,Volcom,Element,Enjoi,Powell,Girl,Threadless(Well not necessarily a "brand" but heres a link to show you guys some awesome stuff Threadless.com),Shaun White(he's getting super popular and some of his stuff is cool),DC,Vans,Quicksliver and stuff like that it will take for ever to name all the brands I like clothes wise so I'm gonna stop here.Now this is gonna be a reaaally long post lol so I don't necessarily care if you read it or not lol.I will be showing a link every once a while on stuff I really like.Well I know right now I'm completely off topic but I'm still gonna tell you anyway  ;) you know how I said I will be posting about tours?Lol well I will be soon I just don't feel like doing it right now.Alright back on topic.Here are the skateboarding brands I like,like actual Skateboards in where you ride them.Enjoi(those are awesome),Powell Golden Dragon(Mike Vallys' little brand),Element,Girl (which are also amazing),Real,BlackLabel and that's all I have skated...Now for the Shoes!E's(strongly recommend),DVS,Element,DC,NikeSB,Nike 6.0,Vans(NOT SLIP ON'S!),Osiris,Adidas,Supra,Emerica,Etnies,fallen and that's all I have wore.

    

        Now I just told you the brands.Now for the boards.period.For beginners(kids starting)a brand called "Powell Golden Dragon" this is an awesome company for starters http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0013CLBLQ/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=3375251&s=sporting-goods there really good and last for years.Buts once you getting pretty serious your gonna want to switch mostly they can break and they just get to...bad I guess lol.I have seen the Tail is the most vulnerable and the Nose.Then I would switch to Girl.That's my opinion though.Heres the two I have right now http://www.amazon.com/Black-Label-Elephant-Skateboard-Econoline/dp/B002UW0NCG/ref=sr_1_199?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1296368642&sr=1-199  and http://www.amazon.com/Girl-Mariano-Girls-Skateboard-Deck/dp/B003XYC1IO/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1296368391&sr=1-13.Now I wouldn't go straight to these just because you need to know your style and how you ride and what board you are most comfortable with.



        This reasons for the parents that don't know the difference between real skateboards and fake Walmart/Target boards,and think a skateboard is a skateboard.Well a real board is able to last for year first of all,then the fact that it comes decent trucks and bearings if you buy a complete board unlike fake boards that the bearing have OvilOil to lurbricate them and plastic trucks that brake the first time you learn how to grind on them.I will get to the real board facts soon but I just wanna tell the parents this.Fake boards are literally dangerous and cheap and won't last two months probably not even one month if your kid skates the board enough.I got a fake board once for a gift and I didn't return because I didn't want to be a jerk and I only skated that thing for a week and I wasn't even that good yet and it broke.So don't buy your kids those boards buy them a real board they be a more expensive but it's absolutely worth it.Hope you guys enjoyed this post and buy real boards!;) 

1 comment:

  1. What a great post--you put a lot of time and thought into this!

    You should do a post about how to skate a bowl.I think a lot of kids are nervous about dropping in something bigger than a half-pipe. I will film you if you want to do a tutorial.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete